Monday, August 26, 2013

ROAD TRIP CHICKEN WINGS!




Howdy Everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I think this may be my last post.  I promise though, that you will find this easy, fun, and delicious recipe to be a perfect Grand Finale!

Today I am sharing another family tradition. As my husband was growing up, his Mom would always cook up a batch of these chicken wings for the family to eat whenever they went on a road trip. It was something they all looked forward to! After we got married, she made them many times for us as a farewell gift for our road trips. Eventually I started making them on my own, and they always come out finger lickin' good! They are also great & portable for picnics or buffets. 

But truth be told, there is nothing quite like pulling into a gas station at 1:30 am, and munching on some buttery chicken wings while you "fill 'er up!! (Randy's favorite part is throwing the bones out of the window at 75 mph.) 

NOTE:  be sure to have hand wipes in the car with you. 

ROAD TRIP CHICKEN WINGS

INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS:
4 lbs of chicken wings, cut in half
2 roasting pans (disposable are fine)
2 sticks of butter, sliced and distributed over raw chicken in pans
Lots and lots of paprika, sprinkled over every piece of chicken
Garlic powder,  sprinkled heavy or light depending on your taste
Salt & pepper, also according to your taste


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until sizzling and crispy. Then broil for about 5 minutes, to really crisp them up. Let cool, wrap in heavy duty tin foil, and hit the road!



 I hope you have enjoyed my blog posts over the last few years. I have really enjoyed sharing them with you! May all your adventures in cooking and eating be fun, "fine", and fabulous! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment