Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FAVORITE CHICKEN & FAR EAST SLAW

FAVORITE CHICKEN & FAR EAST SLAW

Um, Hi Everybody!! I know, I know, you are probably saying "Fifi who?" Well, it's true, I have finally recovered from a very severe case of writer's block. I am back to blogging!

I figured I would jump start my food blog again with two recipes, one that I have been making for 25 years, and one that I made for the first time last week. Both are super easy and yum.

We call this "Favorite Chicken" in our house because it tastes sooo good & goes with almost any side dish. Plus the leftovers taste superb cold (a good "grab and run out the door" lunch) as well as in a sandwich with roasted peppers and mozzarella, or even sliced up over a salad. I usually make a big batch so that we have extra during the week. It's even tasty enough to serve to dinner guests, especially with hot peppers or chimichurri. :-)

Ingredients:
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast pounded and cut into serving size portions
2-3 eggs, whisked in a mixing bowl
2 cups of Italian bread crumbs in a mixing bowl
olive oil
vegetable oil

 
 

Heat about 1/3 cup of both oils together in a large fry pan. Let the oil get really hot. Meanwhile, thoroughly immerse the pounded chicken into the eggs. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Then, dip into the bowl of bread crumbs, completely coating the piece of chicken. Place in sizzling oil in fry pan. Fill pan with pieces of chicken and let each piece slowly brown, thoroughly on each side. Once cooked, remove each piece and place on serving platter. That's it! You wont believe how juicy and tasty it will be.

Next I will tell you about Far East Slaw. You see, we use crushed red pepper at the dinner table quite often, so I buy a large container of it at Costco.
On the back of the container, McCormick lists a recipe for Far East Slaw. So one night the family was like "When are you gonna make this Far East Slaw?! We wanna taste it!" (which is understandable since they have sat there and looked at the recipe so many times while eating). I went out and got the ingredients, and made it the very next night, changing a few things to my liking. Another easy and delicious recipe! It definitely has a distinct Asian taste to it. Next time I think I will add cooked chicken breast and sesame seeds, and serve it as a main course salad.
Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) bag of fresh coleslaw mix
1 cup of chopped radishes
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Mix all ingredients together, toss and refrigerate. Serve cold.

So there you have it folks! Something old, something new, everything Fifi-tastic! Thanks for following my blog and I promise to keep sharing Fabulous things with all of you, my Foodie Friends! XOXOX

1 comment: