Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quick Bites: Mom's Icebox Cake

There are certain foods that just instantly bring back fond memories of being a kid, aren't there? For me, my Mom's Icebox Cake is definitely one of them.
Image Detail

 I am thinking it was called Icebox Cake because instead of baking it, you let it sit in the refrigerator to set. Then it is ready to serve. I asked my Mom to make it so I could take a picture of it and share the recipe with you, my foodie friends! It's fast, easy, and delicious!

MOM'S ICEBOX CAKE
One box of graham crackers (Mom uses plain)
Two boxes of cooked (or instant) pudding, prepared as directed (Mom uses butterscotch)

Then just cover the bottom of a 9"x13" Pyrex baking dish with a thin layer of pudding. Then cover the pudding with a tightly fit layer of graham crackers. Continue alternating layers of pudding and graham crackers until there are 3 layers of pudding and 2 layers of graham crackers (pudding on top and bottom). Then let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, slice into squares, and serve with whipped cream.

Mmm, now that is good!

NEXT POST: Dee-Licious Sri Lankan Dinner!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment