Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CHIMICHURRI SAUCE


I struggled with the title of this post. I wanted to call it "The Best Condiment in the Whole Wide World" or "The King of All Sauces", but I couldn't come up with anything  royal or prestigious enough to describe its worth. The bottom line is, I just cannot say enough about Chimichurri!

A long time ago, I found the recipe in a pamphlet that Willams-Sonoma was giving out. Back then, I started making it to accompany Argentinian Steak Kabobs, and it was a huge hit. Slowly over the years though, I have discovered that Chimichurri can be used as a mouthwatering topping for any cut of steak, beef, chicken, sausage, fish, even seafood!

Every time I serve it, guests beg for more, even after eating it with the main course. Usually they just slather some on their plate and then mop it up with bread! Mmmm....



Once, I was even asked for an entire vatful, "To Go", apparently so this person (who shall remain nameless) could take it home, and bathe in it.....               ?

That is taking it a tad bit too far if you ask me, but anyway.....

Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

(A quick note: I am happy to say that the subscription feature to my posts seems to be working again. But in order to enjoy all the fun my blog has to offer, feel free to go directly to the blog itself. www.fifisfinefoods.blogspot.com  


CHIMICHURRI SAUCE

1 CUP PACKED FRESH CILANTRO LEAVES
3/4 CUP PACKED FRESH FLAT LEAF PARSLEY LEAVES
4 LARGE GARLIC CLOVES, CHOPPED
2 FRESH JALAPENO CHILI PEPPERS, SEEDED
1 TABLESPOON OREGANO
1 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 CUP OLIVE OIL
3 TABLESPOONS WHITE WINE VINEGAR
3 TABLESPOONS FRESH LIME JUICE

IN A FOOD PROCESSOR OR BLENDER COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND PROCESS TO FORM A SMOOTH PUREE. COVER AND REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO SERVE. (CAN ALSO BE FROZEN FOR UP TO TWO WEEKS. DEFROST BEFORE SERVING.)


4 comments:

  1. you're right, it IS difficult to put the incomparable awesomeness of chimichurri into words! I just tried and also couldn't think of any words that were good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifi, the chimichurri is delicious!!! We had it with filet on Friday night, but bet it can even make a Salisbury Steak yummy! John wants to know if it goes as well with London Broil?!?! :-)

    Thanks for the delicious, quick and easy recipe. Looking forward to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,
    I'm so glad you tried it. Isn't it just the best? Please tell John that his question about London Broil had me laughing out loud!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a bunch of friends over and I made your delicious sauce for our steak. It was a huge hit! Keep the great recipes coming!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete